About Hill of Hope Foundation
Statement of Purpose of Hill of Hope Foundation
We at Hill of Hope Foundation, have a commitment to promote programs which help provide for the needs and benefit of the vulnerable and disadvantaged members of Society, especially young people and children and adults with debilitating diseases, or issues related to old age.
Having many years of previous experience in these fields, we have now incorporated a not for profit organisation, Hill of Hope Foundation, for achieving this commitment through programs that will assist with the general health, nutrition, education and social, economic and spiritual needs of vulnerable children and adults.
- To provide effective care to those affected with leprosy in the physical, psychological, social and spiritual dimensions.
- To enable and assist those affected with leprosy in their full integration into community life.
- To promote the economic independence of people affected by leprosy, with the emphasis on skills development, employment and entrepreneurship.
- To provide for the effective treatment of leprosy patients by promoting case finding, diagnosis, case holding and surveillance. This aim includes the prevention of disability.
- To train and/or promote the training of health personnel and the integration of leprosy services into the mainstream health sector.
- To carry out, promote, assist in or contribute towards the cost of research connected with leprosy and for the rehabilitation of persons affected by leprosy.
B. Child Nutrition
- Provide nutritious food supplements through a community-based nutrition program as an additional nutritious drink to malnourished children through distribution centres and community participation.
- To create awareness among parents, especially mothers, and communities about the ill-effects of malnutrition.
- To assist in the integration of the health, water and sanitation (WASH) sectors to ensure success and sustainability of the nutrition response.
- Encourage communities to access the basic health and nutrition services provided by government services.
- To assist and strengthen school health programs by working with communities and partner organizations at the local level.
- Develop a mechanism at the community level to closely monitor the nutritional status of children.